Search our Advice Library for help with your heating enquiry.
Please find below links to summaries, background information and consultation documents for the most recent government consultations relating to the domestic heating industry.
Central Heating System Specifications (CHeSS) Year 2008, offers the basic and Best Practice Specifications for the components of domestic wet central heating systems that are critical to energy efficiency.
Good Practice Guide – fuels
The Good Practice Guide 301 (domestic heating and hot water) offers information on choice of fuels and system types in order to:
- Reduce running costs
- Cut CO2 emissions
- Improve comfort
- Provide affordable warmth
- Increase customer satisfaction
Building Regulations Part L1
The Approved Document Part L1 was published on the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister’s website on 1st April 2005.
Energy White Paper
2007 Energy White Paper
This White Paper, published on 23 May, sets out the Government’s international and domestic energy strategy to respond to these changing circumstances, address long term energy challenges and deliver four energy policy goals to:
- Put the UK on a path to cutting CO2 emissions by some 60% by about 2050, with real progress by 2020;
- Maintain the reliability of energy supplies;
- Promote competitive markets in the UK and beyond;
- Ensure that every home is adequately and affordably heated.