- I have a boiler central heating system in which the central heating and hot water feed off one tank in the roof . I have been advised by a plumber that I need to replace the boiler for a combi system, as the system I have is illegal. Can you confirm and a
- I have a modern high efficiency condensing boiler which developed a fault during the recent very cold weather caused by the condensate drain freezing. Is there anything that can be done to prevent this happening again?
- I am looking for a boiler manual, where can I find a copy?
- What is the Renewable Heat Premium Payment (RHPP) and how do I claim it?
- How important is water treatment for heating systems?
What are the regulations with regard to installing a combi boiler in the bathroom?
I have copied below the information given in one boiler manufacturer’s instructions. All manufacturers will have similar requirements, mainly relating to electrical safety and wiring regulations.
The location chosen for the boiler must permit the provision
of a satisfactory flue termination. The location
must also provide adequate space for servicing and air
circulation around the boiler. The boiler may be installed
in any room, although particular attention is drawn to
the requirements of BS 7671 (IEE Regulations), the electrical
provisions of the Building Standards (Scotland)
Regulations, and in IE the current edition of IS 813 and
the current ETCI rules, in respect of the installation of a
boiler in a room containing a bath or shower.
If a room sealed boiler is installed in a room
with a bath or shower, electrical switches or
boiler controls using the mains power supply
must be placed at locations that cannot be
reached by the person in the bath or shower.
A compartment used to enclose the boiler
must be designed and constructed specifically for this
purpose. (An existing cupboard or compartment may be
used provided that it is modified for the purpose).
Details of essential features of cupboard/compartment
design including airing cupboard installations are given
in BS 6798.
A competent (Gas Safe registered) installer will be able to advise on this
Latest from HHIC:
Got questions on the new #ErP #EnergyLabelling legislation? Check out our FAQs at http://t.co/8wxLVKOjm4 http://t.co/qb33zXPtOzFollow us