- Buying a New System
- Flues in voids
- How to fit a CO alarm
- Green Deal
- Renewable Heat Incentive and the Renewable Heat Premium Payment
- Microgeneration Strategy and Action Plan
- Keep the cold out this winter
- Help for Frozen Condensate Pipes
- Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS)
- Heating Maintenance
- Eco Design of Energy Related Products directive
Search our Advice Library for help with your heating enquiry.
Help for Frozen Condensate Pipes
During the winter of 2009/10 the UK experienced prolonged spells of extremely cold weather (down to -20oC in some areas). This resulted in a significant increase in instances where the condensate drainage pipe from condensing (high efficiency) boilers had frozen - usually when the pipe had been installed externally for some of its length. Blockage due to freezing stops the condensate flowing to waste and causes the boiler to shut down.
Useful video from E.ON Watch the video
For information on installing heating cable to condensate pipes please read our further information page